Saturday, July 26, 2014

Almost there!

Well, I've completed my second last week of work. Five days from today, I will complete my last day of work and will be officially retired! I've wondered if this day would ever come. The light at the end of the tunnel is not a freight train, after all! LOL!
We had moved into the RV on the 15th and still do not have a home for everything that we have brought into it. I think that is making my very organized better half a bit edgy, so I'll have to work on that! I have to modify one cabinet by removing the shelf or raising it, so the sewing machine will fit into it. Then, I have to build a cabinet by the front door to house all of Maggie's dog food, leash, etc. We have a piece of plywood that we put in front of the door to protect the door from Maggie if her separation anxiety gets the best of her, when we leave her alone in the RV. In the past, she had scratched and chewed the door frame in our house and destroyed the door screen in the RV. However, she has gotten better. We've examined the plywood each time we come back and there has been no damage to it the last couple of times that we have left her alone. Hopefully, she will be "cured" and we can dispose of the plywood.
I also need to set up a WiFi system. We are going to keep our printer in the bedroom and do not want to have to haul our computers in there to print. Also, my Denon Surround Sound System is internet ready and I want to connect it also. That will enable us to listen to internet radio, show photos from our cell phones on the flat screen TV, etc.
So, since we are living in the RV since the 15th and no longer own a house, we must be RV full timers! However, we will feel more like full timers after I retire and we hit the road! It won't be too much longer. Sometime in the second week of August, we will hit start our trip to Arkansas and that will mark the beginning or our adventures!   

8 comments:

  1. 5 more days! As they say in the military, you're getting SHORT!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I used to think the light at the end of the tunnel WAS a freight train. Thankfully it wasn't, and things happened the way they were supposed to. Good luck with the short timer's attitude :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohooooo[....closer and closer. ��

    ReplyDelete
  4. 5 and a wake-up. Nice to be there, I know for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool, have a great time and don't forget to flip em off as you pull out of the parking lot a work that last day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay! Congrats! We have been on the road 1 month today and have loved every bit of it so far!! Can you add a way to "follow" you on your blog?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the comments, y'all! John, my nearly 29 years at Lockheed were good years and there will be no flippin'! Debbie, the only thing I know is for you to bookmark my link at periodically look at it.You could also put the link on your blog.

    ReplyDelete